Sat, Apr 30|
Learn How to Safely Catch a SWARM of BEES! Learn from a Professional!
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 10:00 AM MDT
Logan, 332 E 3800 S, Logan, UT 84321, USA
About the Event
- Learn how to catch a swarm of bees in a tree
- Learn how to catch a swarm of bees in the windshield (windshield wipers) or engine of a vehicle
- Learn how to catch a swarm of bees in a water meter box
- Learn how to catch a swarm of bees in a thorny tight bush
- Learn how to catch get bees out of a hole in a tree
- Learn how to build an inexpensive bee vacuum (if desired)
- Learn how to do this on a very strict shoestring budget
The class is taught by Michael Stang of Stang's Apiaries. Michael has been a beekeeper for 30 years. He has mentored many new beekeepers and is currently mentoring two 4-H Beekeeping Clubs. He and has over 70 hives and a thriving beekeeping business. He often donates the bee swarms he catches to the 4-H club members or new beekeepers. He is donating his expertise for this class to the CVBA.